Date & Time
April 9th, 2022
Main Event: 8-11 pm
Glam Station: 6-7:30pm
LGBTQ High-schoolers are allowed admission into Prism Prom.
From 6-7:30pm, Prism will provide a makeup, hair, and accessories space for interested prom-goers. The makeup and hair space will come equipped with makeup artists and a hairstylist eager to assist attendees as they get ready for the night. The accessories space will come with a small selection of accessories that you can borrow for prom.
Important: we’d like to reserve the glam station for youth who really need it. If you’d like to make use of our glam station before prom, please let us know at email@example.com.
Terrace Room of the Alabama Contemporary Art Center
Prism Prom will take place in the Terrace Room of the Alabama Contemporary Art Center. Located on the third floor, the Terrace Room’s windowed walls provides a panoramic of the Mobile skyline. The space includes a huge dance floor and rooftop access.
Dress codes are for school proms. We want you to do what feels good. Anything from formal attire to t-shirts is fine with us. If you want to get creative, go for it. It’s a queer prom, after all. Be yourself. (See note about coats and bags under “Rules and Expectations” below).
• dancing • photo stations • lighting & decor • refreshments • an opportunity to meet other LGBTQ youth • safety • and a couple surprises
Prism Prom Discounts
We won’t be providing food at the prom site. Instead, we’re talking to restaurants in downtown Mobile about offering a special discount to prom-goers prior to the event. If you purchase a ticket, we’ll email you once we have a list of places you can go for your prom discount.
Rules and Expectations
- No Re-entry. Once you’ve entered the event space, leaving and re-entering the building is prohibited. In the case of an emergency, please speak with a Prism Prom volunteer.
- Drugs (including cigarettes or e-cigarettes) and alcohol are not permitted at Prism Prom.
- Violent or non-consensual touching of any kind is prohibited.
- Violent, disparaging, or offensive language targeted at any prom attendee or volunteer is prohibited.
- Backpacks, camera cases, fanny packs, and other bags will be checked in at the holding area upon arrival. None of these items are permitted in the main room.
- Coats/jackets should be checked in at the holding area upon arrival. If you insist on wearing a coat/jacket, you will allow security the opportunity to fully inspect that coat/jacket before entry into the main room.
- Non-consensual photographing or filming is prohibited. Upon arrival, attendees will be instructed to choose between two different bracelets: one that indicates consent to being photographed/filmed, the other that indicates non-consent to being photographed/filmed. All participants commit to protecting the privacy of those who wish to remain un-photoed/filmed.
- Attendees agree to treat each other, event volunteers, and everyone else on the premises with respect.
- Attendees agree to enter the event sober, without drugs or alcohol in their systems.
- Event volunteers will be present for your convenience and your safety. If you have any questions or need to report a problem/concern, please speak to a volunteer.
- Failure to follow the above rules and expectations may result in expulsion from the event.
There will be hired security at the event along with Prism volunteers. All Prism volunteers are background-checked. We take the safety and confidentiality of all the people we serve very seriously.
Reservations & Entry
Whether you are making a reservation for yourself, for your prom date, or for multiple people, a reservation must be made for each guest. Tickets are $20 per person. You can pay for your ticket(s) electronically ahead of the event or pay in cash at the event. Either way, a reservation is required for entry.
Upon reserving a ticket, your name will automatically be put on our Prism Prom guest list. You will not need a physical or digital ticket for entry into the event. When you arrive, we will find your name on the guest list and welcome you in.
If you’d like to attend prom but don’t think you can come up with the ticket cost, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By reserving a ticket, you’re indicating that you’ve read, understand, and agree to comply with the Rules and Expectations on this page to the best of your ability.
Reserve a Ticket
Prism United responds to the comprehensive needs of LGBTQ youth. Specifically, Prism works to mitigate the psychological, socio-economic, and academic disadvantages caused by repression and victimization.
Prism United, All Rights Reserved
Made with 🌈 ✨ Bold Layout, LLC