Date & Time
Main Event: 8-11 pm
Glam Hour: 7-8 pm
From 7-8, Prism will provide a makeup station for interested prom-goers. The makeup station will come equipped with makeup and volunteers eager to assist attendees as they get ready for the night!
Prism Prom will take place in the Terrace Room of the Alabama Contemporary Art Center. Located on the third floor, the Terrace Room’s windowed walls provides a panoramic of the Mobile skyline. The space includes a huge dance floor and rooftop access.
LGBTQ youth ages 14-18 are allowed admission into Prism Prom.
Terrace Room of the Alabama Contemporary Art Center
Dress codes are for school proms. We want you to do what feels good. Anything from formal attire to t-shirts is fine with us. If you want to get creative, go for it. It’s a queer prom, after all. Be yourself. (See note about coats and bags under “Rules and Expectations” below).
• dancing • photo stations • lighting & decor • refreshments • an opportunity to meet other LGBTQ youth • safety • and a couple surprises
Prism Prom Discounts
We won’t be providing food at the prom site. Instead, we’re talking to restaurants in downtown Mobile about offering a special discount to prom-goers prior to the event. If you purchase a ticket, we’ll email you once we have a list of places you can go for your prom discount.
Rules and Expectations
- No Re-entry. Once you’ve entered the event space, leaving and re-entering the building is prohibited. In the case of an emergency, please speak with a Prism Prom volunteer.
- Drugs (including cigarettes or e-cigarettes) and alcohol are not permitted at Prism Prom.
- Violent or non-consensual touching of any kind is prohibited.
- Violent, disparaging, or offensive language targeted at any prom attendee or volunteer is prohibited.
- Backpacks, camera cases, fanny packs, and other bags will be checked in at the holding area upon arrival. None of these items are permitted in the main room.
- Coats/jackets should be checked in at the holding area upon arrival. If you insist on wearing a coat/jacket, you will allow security the opportunity to fully inspect that coat/jacket before entry into the main room.
- Non-consensual photographing or filming is prohibited. Upon arrival, attendees will be instructed to choose between two different bracelets: one that indicates consent to being photographed/filmed, the other that indicates non-consent to being photographed/filmed. All participants commit to protecting the privacy of those who wish to remain un-photoed/filmed.
- Attendees agree to treat each other, event volunteers, and everyone else on the premises with respect.
- Event volunteers will be present for your convenience and your safety. If you have any questions or need to report a problem/concern, please speak to a volunteer.
- Failure to follow the above rules and expectations may result in expulsion from the event.
There will be hired security at the event along with Prism volunteers. All Prism volunteers are background-checked. We take the safety and confidentiality of all the people we serve very seriously.
Reservations & Entry
If you are making a reservation for your prom date or as a group fill out the form for each guest. Tickets are $20 per person and payment will be made at the door. We can accept cash, checks or credit card.
Upon reserving a ticket, your name will automatically be put on our Prism Prom guest list. You will not need a physical or digital ticket for entry into the event. When you arrive, we will find your name on the guest list and welcome you in.
By reserving a ticket, you’re indicating that you’ve read, understand, and agree to comply with the Rules and Expectations to the best of your ability.
Reserve a Ticket
Prism United responds to the comprehensive needs of LGBTQ youth. Specifically, Prism works to mitigate the psychological, socio-economic, and academic disadvantages caused by repression and victimization.